Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Better Call Saul *UPDATED* (with a few thoughts)


What do you think of that?



The thing is I love Breaking Bad, Bob Odenkirk is one of my all-time favorites, and the I love watching Saul Goodman in the world of Breaking Bad. He's always good for just the right amount of levity. I'm just not so sure I'll be interested in watching his adventures outside the confines of BB.


I also am curious to know what kind of format they'll be going for. Will it be a full hour like most of AMC's shows? Will it be more like a sitcom? Will it be serialized or will each episode be self contained? I think I'd be pretty into it if it was done like a sketch show, with a couple wacky cases per episode. It would also be nice if Huel, Bill Burr and maybe Mike were included, every once in awhile.


I’m glad Odenkirk will have steady work (though he’s also got a sketch show called “The Birthday Boys” premeiring on IFC soon) but I don’t know if I’m ready to see him playing the same character for any length of time.

Unless of course, that character is Brian Wilson Willips Brighton.

And just for fun, here's a longer sketch featuring Willips.

6 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm going to need to know what Saul's role is in these last few episodes. I wonder if they are going to "talk BB" in his show, especially since it seems like this is his most dramatic client (as far as they show). I don't want it to seem like the ending of breaking bad never happened... if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's supposed to take place before the events of Breaking Bad, so there probably won't be too much mention of stuff from Breaking Bad. Unless Mike shows up, or maybe there could be a few dealings with Hank or something. That also means Saul's still on the chopping block, and could end up dead before the show's over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ok.... I didn't read into the premise of the show. That makes more sense and I'm sure we'll give it a try. I was worried it was supposed to take place after all this craziness and thus stating Saul is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any precedent for a TV show killing off a character, then giving him his own spinoff?

    -DB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget, did Joey survive the last episode of Friends?

    ReplyDelete