Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Breaking Bad "Confessions"

This is kinda funny. Really my favorite part is his impression of Vince Gilligan. 


A few thoughts on the episode after the jump.


Okay, so maybe Hank is starting to lose a little sympathy from me. BUT I stand by my comments in the last episode's thread. I stand by it, but I think now that he realizes Skylar has already chosen Walt's side, he's not so interested in protecting her. He's probably more willing to bring Walt (and maybe both Skylar) down by any means neccesary, but I still think his main motivation lies with "Flynn" and Holly, not to mention protecting Marie and himself.

Then poor Jesse finally realizes the truth about Brock's death. I'm glad it happened, but it seemed a little convenient that it happened when it did. This is the first time I've had any kind of deus ex machina issues with Breaking Bad but I also watched LOST for 6 seasons, so I won't complain. The series is winding down, and it had to happen at some point, right? Anyways, one thing I had forgotten until I read it on another blog was that Jesse blamed himself for losing the ricin laced cigarette. He had assumed Brock found it and poisened himself that way, right? I imagine that revelation would result in a pretty heavy flood of emotion. Like enough to travel to Walt's house and soak it in gasoline. Does he ignite it? Or does he settle for spraypainting "HEiSENBERG" in bright yellow across the wall?

10 comments:

  1. Was the house scorched when we saw it in the flash-forward a couple episodes back? It looked like an abandoned flophouse, but I don't recall any notable burn damage. Cody, just admit that I'm right about Hank and that you both despise the U.S. Constitution, and I'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the house wasn't scorched, just empty and kinda ransacked. My guess is Walt Jr. will come home and Jesse will take off. Not sure if he'll get to the Heisenberg graffiti or not.

    I wouldn't say I hate the Constitution. I just feel like the jury is still out until I get around to reading the whole thing. I mean what I've read so far seems just a little bit vague. Maybe it's just me, but there's some pretty suspicious undertones to the whole thing. It might not be intrinsically wrong at its core, but I think capitol hill has a lot to answer for before we sign off on this whole thing willy-nilly.

    #explaintheconstitution

    ReplyDelete
  3. This episode made me realize I need to go back and watch the whole poisoning episode. Apparently you can see Huell take the goods off of Jesse in this last episode (which I totally missed). I should probably rewatch it as well.

    psssst.... Brock didn't die....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaaaat? Did he end up recovering? Man, I don't remember. I need to watch the whole series over, it sounds like!

    Also I'll have to watch Huell closer. I mean, I'm always watching him, but I'm usually just looking at that weird bump on his head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brock was fine, Walter poisoned him with the flowers in his backyard. Just another example of Cody trampling all over the United States Constitution #respectthefounders

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing episode! Edge of my seat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two questions for the group:

    1) Would Walter's videotaped "confession" really hold up? I'm generally not very good at piecing together "mythology" (especially since I haven't seen the older episodes in years), but it seems specious that this would be the smoking gun that Hank makes out to be. I feel like there are a number of situations Walter brings up that Hank would have an airtight alibi for, and wouldn't that invalidate his entire confession?

    2) What did the Constitution ever do to Cody? #jamesmadisonjuice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Jesse thought it had to be the ricin that poisoned Brock because the cigarette was missing and he tipped off the E.R. people to the ricin but by the end of that episode (or maybe the next, who knows) it turned out it wasn't ricin at all. At least that's how I remember the episode. At the end of that episode is when Walt put the ricin behind the outlet, which is where it still was at the beginning of this season... or at the beginning of the second half of this final season... you know what I mean.

    I don't think Walt's confession would ultimately hold up but it would certainly smear the hell out of Hank's name and his career would absolutely be over instead of just probably over. I think it would hold up enough to cast enough doubt on Hanks involvement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, which all gives credence to my theory that Hank cares more about "winning" than in bringing a criminal kingpin to justice no matter the personal costs. Also, Cody hates the Constitution. #benfranklindap

    ReplyDelete