Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Season Seven Soon

I've been missing Mad Men since the minute after the last episode of season six aired. Finally, season seven begins April 13, and in the meantime I'll just watch this trailer over and over.  By the looks of things we're getting closer to the end of the 1960s and maybe into the 1970s. Betty's got the bouffant, Pete's going baldish, and of course Don looks exactly the same. I'm tempted to over analyze; I'm sure there's meaning behind the fact that two characters are smoking, some are holding luggage, and Roger Sterling is the only one sitting down. I'm also convinced it's significant that they're flying TWA, the troubled airline that merged with American in 2001.  But this isn't LOST, and trying to theorize at this point (or any point, really, if Breaking Bad taught me anything) is a little silly. As long as I know Stan Rizzo's fringed jacket is back I'll be happy.
Mad Men returns in 19 days. By my count, that means if you haven't watched yet you only have to watch four or five episodes a day until then to get caught up. Shouldn't be a problem.



2 comments:

  1. A few years ago I gave Season 1 a try and just couldn't get into Mad Men. But a few months ago I gave it a second shot by just starting at Season 2, and I'm glad I did. It's so novel to have a show where female characters are actually better written than the male leads! I am waiting for Season 6 to show up on Netflix next week and then will be keeping up with Season 7 weekly. My main point is that I am excited that finally I can participate in some discussion on this blog!! I have an amazing talent for never watching the same shows as any of my friends, so I'm looking forward to yukking it up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't the only person who's had trouble getting through that first season. From now on I'll suggest that if someone isn't buying in they give season two a shot before giving up altogether. It's one if my favorite shows, both to watch and talk about, so I'm really happy to have another person in on the conversation.

    ReplyDelete