Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thoughts on the Walking Dead mid-season finale...

Spoilers abound! Hit the jump for some short thoughts that I pretty much just copy and pasted from an email.

The truth is, this episode was one of the more similar to the comics episodes in a long time. So I knew it was possible that Hershel, Judith and the Governor might be getting killed. So I wasn't surprised but I was certainly disappointed. They've strayed from the comics enough that I was really hoping they'd change it up. I would have loved it if they blew everyone's minds and killed off Rick, and let Hershel live. Brandi had a great thought that Rick and the Governor should've killed each other and shuffled off as zombies together. Of course the Judith thing is tragic cause it's a baby but it's not like we were attached to that character at all. I don't know, with no Hershel and no Governor I really have no real desire to continue with this show. Not saying I won't, but it would certainly be the first thing I cut.

4 comments:

  1. Ok - We all know my heart was broken when my beloved Hershey was killed. But thankfully we still have Daryl. That being said, I have some thoughts:

    * I don't think Judith is dead. I think she's with the bus people or the crazy killing girls. Although her carseat was bloody, the straps were also unbuckled. Also, I realized that they didn't tribute her death on Talking Dead; therefore, she's alive in my eyes.

    * Carol didn't actually kill anyone. I think the little psycho girl did it and I also think she's the one responsible for the rats. I think that Carol is covering for her and was responsible for dragging the bodies out after the little girl killed them.

    I could be totally wrong on all of this but at least it's keeping me engaged in the show...?

    RIP Hershey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Those are all good/probable thought! I didn't think about the carseat straps! Good eye. And of course that makes sense. They aren't going to kill off a baby on the show.

    And the Carol thing is even better! Though I have to say my thought was whoever did the dissection was maybe trying to do some sort of experiment? I don't know. I like the idea of a sociopath among them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's with all this mid-season finale bullshit? WTF AMC? Kinda ridiculous. I hope this doesn't wind up being standard practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mid season finale has been the standard practice for like 2+ years

    ReplyDelete